Monday, October 16, 2017

Ashley's Shrimp & Rice (Instant Pot)

Ashley’s Shrimp and Rice
Found this on Instant Pot Community Recipes fb page. I was worried about using my frozen cooked shrimp because I thought it might come out rubbery. Not at all! It was really good! I used water instead of chicken broth and lime juice instead of lemon juice. Add a salad and call it dinner! OMG!
Ashley's Shrimp and Rice:
1 pound frozen shrimp ( I use frozen cooked shrimp, no need to thaw!)
1 cup long-grain white rice, rinsed
1/4 cup butter
1-1/2 cups chicken broth ( I use water)
1-1/2 Tbsp lemon juice ( I use lime juice)
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 Tbsp parsley
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1 pinch paprika
1 pinch red pepper flakes
Combine all ingredients in electric pressure cooker (See: Instant Pot), layering the shrimp on top. Cook high pressure for 5 minutes. Quick release and serve!
Time: 5 min, Servings: 4
Recipe can be doubled, keep time the same.

let it sit for a few min after releasing the pressure & opening the lid to give it a quick stir.