Saturday, September 9, 2017

Mac n cheese in instant pot



http://www.activehipmomma.com/instant-pot-mac-n-cheese/

Ingredient List
  • I box (16 ounce of elbow macaroni)  - a different lady increased to 24 oz/3 cups
  • 1 cup of heavy whipping cream ( 1 can of evaporated milk(12 ounce) would work or even whole milk)I think I added a little more till I got the consistency I was looking for- (Tablespoon at a time)- different lady only used 1/2 cup cream
  • 3 Tb of butter
  • 2 tsp salt - a different lady used 1 1/2 tsp salt
  • 2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese - a different lady used 3 cups cheese
  • 4 cups of water - a different lady increased to 6 cups
Inside the instant pot, place the macaroni, water, salt and butter. Set instant pot on 4 minutes manual , manual release pressure(quick release).  After that is done, take lid off and set pot on saute and add whipping cream, and stir. Then slowly add cheese as it melts! enjoy!